Oculogica is seeking a part or full time data scientist. Come join our team and help us change the way the world looks at brain injury, and beyond!
- Look for new insights in our existing data using machine learning techniques
- Organize our existing data
- Design the operational aspects of clinical studies to ensure data integrity (input forms, target population, database organization, etc)
- Manage data being collected from our clinical studies (e.g., auditing)
- Do statistical analysis of our data
- Collaborate with engineering to implement algorithms in the product
Skills and Background:
- 1 to 3 years of experience in data science, including data analysis and algorithm development
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (Data Science, Math, Statistics). Master’s preferred
- Knowledge and experience in various machine learning techniques, other data algorithms used in activities like data cleansing, attribute definition, sampling, analytics etc. and their implication of solving different problems
- Experience with deep learning technologies, data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Fluency in various tools and programming environments, eg., R, MATLAB, Python, etc.
- Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns and of conducting analysis to solve business problems
- Experience with open source technologies, a modern web technology stack, and server architecture
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems
- Statistical analysis expertise
- Background in medical devices and data desirable
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including an ability to effectively collaborate with research and technical teams, and earn the trust and influence senior stakeholders. Experience in presenting data for FDA documentation desirable
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
Oculogica, Inc. is an eye tracking-based neuro-diagnostic company founded by Dr. Uzma Samadani, Associate Professor of Neurosurgery at the University of Minnesota Medical School. The company has developed the EyeBOX, the first baseline-free, aid in diagnosis of concussion to help physicians objectively evaluate patients with suspected concussions. EyeBOX is a 4-minute test appropriate for ages 5 to 67 years. To learn more about the Company and EyeBOX here.
Oculogica, EyeBOX, and the respective logos are the trademarks and copyrights of Oculogica, Inc.
Why, what and how we work:
- Why: We are passionate about building great products to help assess the brain
- What: We work on bringing objective tools to market for tough medical problems
- How: We work both virtually and in-person as a team and sub-teams. We are flexible on how you would work with us.
- We put patients before profit.
- We put science before marketing.
- We are transparent about our performance.
- We believe in continuously improving.
- We strive for accessibility of our products.
- We value collaborations that not only enhance our products, but that have potential to move the science forward.
- We are not afraid to take on problems that seem impossible to solve.
- We strive to design and build products that have the highest possible quality and reliability.
You’ll be compensated with salary and stock options commensurate with your experience. Benefits package available to full time employees.